Do you love politics? Are you interested in influencing the officials who make the decisions that … Continue Reading…
BCEA Members are Encouraged to Apply for a NJEA HIPP Grant (for up to $10,000) for YOUR Project Idea!
Twenty-three years ago, NJEA created the NJEA Frederick L. Hipp Foundation for Excellence in … Continue Reading…
Coaches & Guidance Counselors: Nominate a deserving student and help them get a scholarship! … Continue Reading…
- Check Out the BCEA Reporter News Letter ONLINE!
- Protect Yourself and Your Paycheck from Cyber Crime!
- Want To Help Improve Your Profession? Get Involved More? Become an Associate LAT!
- Apply for a Vision’s Credit Union Grant Up to $10,000! Deadline 12/31/17
- BCEA Members are Encouraged to Apply for a NJEA HIPP Grant (for up to $10,000) for YOUR Project Idea!
- Nominate a Scholar-Athlete for the NJEA/News 12 Recognition & Scholarship Program
- NJEA Officers Celebrate American Education Week!
Follow the BCEA on Facebook!
Take Action and FYI:
Email your members of Congress to urge them to reauthorize Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). CHIP is a successful, bipartisan program focused on providing health care coverage for low-income children who are not eligible for Medicaid. CHIP has been directly responsible for decreasing the number of uninsured children to record lows. Urge Congress to act NOW! Read about CHIP
Email your members of Congress to urge them to protect The Dreamers: President Trump announced that the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program will end in six months unless Congress moves to protect DACA recipients and Dreamers. As many as 800,000 young people could be deported, including many students and educators. Known as Dreamers, they came to the United States as children and know no other country as home. Now is the time for a permanent legislative solution. DACA recipients and Dreamers — people brought to the United States as children — deserve the certainty and permanent protections provided by the Dream Act of 2017 (S. 1615/H.R. 3440), a bipartisan bill that includes multiple pathways to citizenship via higher education, military service, or employment. To qualify, individuals must have entered the United States as minors and have a continuous presence in the United States for four years before the date of the bill’s enactment.
Email your members of Congress to help protect the Internet! Ending net neutrality could harm students and schools by limiting access to information. Ask your member of Congress and the FCC Commissioners to support net neutrality to ensure students, educators, and schools continue to have equal access to all of the Internet.
Help protect public schools in Camden....if it can happen there...it can happen anywhere! The Urban Hope Act was a law passed several years ago which resulted in the construction of Renaissance Schools in Camden. Renaissance Schools are public schools similar to charter schools in many ways. Now, once again, the Legislature is attempting to expand Renaissance Schools without regard for its impact on other district schools and their students.
Please take action against the PROSPER Act...it eliminates public service loan forgiveness programs, reduces loan repayment options/consolidations for students, limits the amount a student/family can borrow from the govt. for school (forcing them to go to high interest commercial loans), limits oversight of for-profit schools, and cuts funding for teacher programs!
- Education Week ranks NJ schools among the bestNJ schools 2nd in Quality Counts ranking For at least the 4th consecutive year, New Jersey’s public schools ranked second nationally in Education Week’s annual Quality Counts report. That study, which looks at academic performance, school funding, and a factor it calls “chance for success,” ranks all 50 states and the District of Columbia. New […] The post […]