The BCEA will be hosting Get Out the Vote Phone Banks for our members. It is a great opportunity for members to get involved. BCEA members ONLY call other BCEA Members. We provide the phones, the “speech”, and the food! While we may not be able to spend money like the millionaires & billionaires who don’t support public education, we can “put boots on the ground” and make phone calls and other Get Out the Vote Activities.
NEW: We have LOTS of postcards that need to be written to encourage members to come out and vote. So if you are not comfortable making phone calls, come write some postcards! We also have LOTS of lawn signs. We are asking that members take a poll in their school and/or local and identify how many members would like a Murphy Lawn Sign! Then you can come to BCEA and pick them up and then distribute them to your members. (Leave your phone, email, and name with Sue at BCEA and Mike will get back to you.)
NEW, NEW: Canvassing (Labor Walk) Opportunities in Bergen County: Visit other NJEA Members and encourage them to vote!
Presidents & LAT’s: Here is a simple form to sign up members for the phone banks.
BCEA Reporter (Election Edition) has everything our member’s need PDF (Photos/JPG: Located Below): Please share!
See our NJEA Endorsed Candidates: They are endorsed because they support public schools and teachers.
Governor: Phil Murphy
• LD 35 Nelida “Nellie” Pou (D) for Senate, Shavonda Sumter (D) and Benjie Wimberly (D) for Assembly ( Elmwood Park, Garfield, Haledon, North Haledon, Paterson, Prospect Park )
• LD 36 Paul A. Sarlo (D) for Senate, Gary Schaer (D) and Marlene Caride (D) for Assembly: (Carlstadt, Cliffside Park, East Rutherford, Little Ferry, Lyndhurst, Moonachie, North Arlington, Passaic, Ridgefield, Ridgefield Park,Rutherford, South Hackensack, Teterboro, Wallington, Wood-Ridge )
• LD 37 Loretta Weinberg (D) for Senate, Gordon M. Johnson (D) and Valerie Vainieri Huttle (D) for Assembly: ( Alpine, Bogota, Cresskill, Englewood, Englewood Cliffs, Fort Lee, Hackensack, Leonia, Northvale, Palisades Park, Rockleigh, Teaneck, Tenafly)
• LD 38 Bob Gordon (D) for Senate, Timothy Eustace (D) and Joseph A. Lagana (D) for Assembly: (Bergenfield, Fair Lawn, Glen Rock, Hasbrouck Heights, Hawthorne, Lodi, Maywood, New Milford, Oradell, Paramus, River Edge, Rochelle Park, Saddle Brook)
• LD 39 Linda H. Schwager (D) for Senate, Jannie Chung (D) and Annie Hausman (D) for Assembly: (Bloomingdale, Closter, Demarest, Dumont,Emerson, Harrington Park, Haworth, Hillsdale, Mahwah, Montvale, Norwood, Oakland,Old Tappan, Park Ridge, Ramsey, Ringwood, River Vale, Saddle River, Upper Saddle River, Wanaque, Washington (Bergen), Westwood, Woodcliff Lake)
• LD 40 Kristin M. Corrado (R) for Senate, Paul Vagianos (D) and Christine Ordway (D) for Assembly. (Allendale, Cedar Grove, Franklin Lakes, Ho-Ho-Kus, Little Falls, Midland Park, Pequannock, Pompton Lakes, Ridgewood, Riverdale, Totowa, Waldwick, Wayne, Woodland Park, Wyckoff)
All BCEA Members are welcome to join us in Teaneck at BCEA’s Headquarters for the BCEA’s “Get Out The Vote” Phone Bank.
The Get Out the Vote is hosted only on the dates listed below from 4 PM to 7 PM.
Will you donate 1 hour of your time to help elect political leaders that support our public schools and the children we serve?
Our BCEA phone banking dates are:
• October 16
• October 23
• October 25
• October 26
• October 30
• November 1
• November 2
• November 6
All members are strongly encouraged to always bring their NJEA Membership Card to BCEA/NJEA events. Please let your local president/LAT know that you will be volunteering and bring a colleague!
Don’t forget to hold a voter registration drive and confirm that ALL of your members (and their families are registered to vote!)